Interlaken, Switzerland. I finally appreciate a shower. To me, it has always been a must-do-everyday chore. I don't get really dirty everyday so a shower means quite little to me, as compared to food and sleep. But after 3 days of not bathing/changing clothes/hygiene related matters, I felt truly dirty. I can even smell the foul odour coming from myself. I seriously needed to bathe.
The first thing we did after we checked into Balmer's at Interlaken was to wash ourselves clean. Balmer's is voted as one of Europe's famous hostel and it sure is. The only thing bad about that place is that it is quite far from the station. Dinner was at Balmer's Biergarten. We had Cordon Bleu and Hamburger.
Interlaken is located at the base of the Alps, (Eiger, Monch, Jungfrau), between Lake Brienz to the east and Lake Thun to the west. The town takes its name from its geographical position between the lakes. Do not mistake its peacefulness for boredom. It is the heaven for adventurous skydivers and other outdoor sports enthusiasts.
We were too tired from all that walking and slept through the night. Woke up early to catch the lake cruise. Picture shows scenery along the way out to the station. Would love to live in one of those houses!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment