Saturday, July 28, 2007

Europe Summer Episode ThirtyThree

EPISODE THIRTYTHREE: Wherein I bid farewell to London and Europe :(

London, England. Back in London city in the afternoon and rushed back to Baywater to have our last bite on the roast duck. I have never eaten a duck so fat in my life. The gravy that comes along with it is sweeter than the ones we have back here, and I love it!!! It is a must-visit place for any one who goes to London ok! Please dabao some back for me if you do happen to be there.

After the heavy lunch, I accompanied Birdie to Greenwich. Thank you my dear bird for making this trip so memorable and fun! Miss those days so much!!!

Since it was our last day in London, we decided not to waste the evening. Birdie caught her longtime favourite Mary Poppins musical while I headed Noel Coward Theatre at Leicester Square to watch the highly recommended Avenue Q. Had a jacket potato with chic and corn before the show.


This Tony Award-Winning Musical is super hilarous!!! I had doubts before watching this musical as I wasn't too into puppetry or Sesame Street like characters. But Bird was telling me how much she loved this show and that I must must must watch before I leave London. And she was right! I love the show!!! If it comes to Singapore, I will watch it again!


During intermission, the ushers transformed into Haagen Daaz ice cream man, tempting me to increase my calories count. I didn't fall for it.


Met up with Bird after our show to walk around Leicester Square. Fantastic Four was having their gala premiere night at VUE. Everyone was shouting for Jessica Alba. Harry Potter also held its premiere screening at Leicester Square. If only I was here a little later....


Our night was spent at Weiwei's LSE hostel at Holborn. Had a little episode of being discovered that we were illegally squatting but we managed to spend the night there. Really thank you weiwei for your kind offer!!!
I left in the morning for Heathrow to get on my home bound plane. Here are some pictures of the London underground. I only took pictures of the newer stations. Not all stations look this sophisticated and CLEAN. But overall its still better than the ones at Paris. Messy and dirty. Germany's bahnhof are spacious and neat but Singapore's MRT is still the best.


My trip around Europe will not be possible without the intercountry train. We spent a few nights on couchettes. Here are some unglam photos of me trying to climb to the top deck with my backpack. My favourite train is still the ICE train, even though there are no beds. Couchettes are good for heavy sleepers like me but not good for Birdie who has to wake up in the middle of her sleep to help the old lady climb down the top deck and wait for her to pee before helping her back into her couchette.

I said goodbye to the cramped London tube and boarded my Malaysia Airlines plane to KLIA for transit back home.

********************************************************************
WARNING: THE FOLLOWING PICTURE MIGHT CAUSE DISCOMFORT
********************************************************************
I haven't update on my bubblewrap feet for some time right? The big bubble healed and smaller one appeared subsequently. Some burst while some peeled off. Was quite a mess when I reach home. Scared everyone. Now my feet have recovered with the exception of the cracked heels.

This is the last post on my Europe Summer Episodes. Hopefully I can save up enough leave and money for a part two. Till then, goodbye!

No comments: