Monday, July 16, 2007

Europe Summer Episode Twenty

EPISODE TWENTY: Wherein I became a superstar.

Cannes, France. Nice was nice but too small for us to spend a whole day. We took a train along the southern coast to Cannes. Sounds familiar? This is Cannes, where movie superstars gather to receive their prestigious awards at the Cannes Film Festival!!!


This international city of film has a stretch of sandy beach, unlike the pebble bay at Nice.





Port de Cannes is where all the rich fellas dock their yatches. WOooo...




And now, the mythical Palais des Festivals, and its steps where stars have been parading since the 1983 Festival. I had my moment of stardom on the blue carpet. (I swear I have never seen a blue so blue. Must have cost alot to maintain.)


Took us less than 3 hours to get bored. Headed back to Nice and found a buffet dinner restaurant. Was the most worth-it meal in Europe. I had DOUBLE serving of the sides!!! Could have eaten more if not for the train. Argh...

No comments: