Friday, July 13, 2007

Europe Summer Episode Seventeen

EPISODE SEVENTEEN: Wherein I wasn't too happy.

Paris, France. Arrived at Paris Gare du Nord at 7pm and a series of frustrating events followed. First, the ticket sale counter was closed and we could not get our booklet of train tickets. Fine, then we just get a single ticket to Pigalle using the ticket machines. Machine accept only exact coins, which we do not have. Looked around for the coins machine but there were none. Argh. Met this couple who were quite pissed too. They sought help from a local who guided them to another machine that accepts notes. We followed them and got our single tickets...after maybe 15 minutes. Wasn't too happy by then.

Try to the right train to Pigalle and ended up in the wrong one. The Paris metro, according to Bird who has visited before, is notoriously messy. I experienced it for myself. Gare du Nord is an interchange station where various lines intersect. Although it looks as if all the lines are housed under the station, the truth is that it requires a lot of walking, possibly out of the station, across some road, passing by some building and all. Direction boards are not that user friendly either. We walked on and on the crowded station tunnel and finally found the station! Wasn't too happy either.




Our hostel was not too far from Pigalle station. But being visitors, we were clueless when we arrived. Asked Mr Policeman, he also dunno. Again!!! Anyway, our hostel is at this little alley and they have a house CAT. Not happy at all.

Horrible!!! They charged us extra claiming that they dun get to keep the online deposit placed when we book. WTH!!! Still gave some stupid talk about it being service fee and breakfast fee...blahblahblah...We were so exhausted and just paid the extra...*&^%$#*&^ Very not happy!

This is our stay at a budget hotel which kinda homely. Finally a washroom to ourselves and proper bed! We got a three person room and were quite lucky that our room mate didn't turn up.

*****************************************************************

WARNING. FOLLOWING PICTURE MIGHT CAUSE DISCOMFORT

*****************************************************************



The last time I checked on my toes was at Berlin, which was two days ago. I have walked a long long way to Paris and I really wonder what has happened to the bubbletoes. It burst and soiled my socks. Recognise that blister in between my toes? It has wrinkled into a prune but still hurts a little. New blisters appeared and needed serious attention. I am still at the start of my europe hop...will I be able to endure it through???

No comments: