Sunday, February 4, 2007

Rainbow Connection

I feel happy these days.

Our fun movement is officially launched (though I think the launch can be grander...heh). Visit: www.auditorsinwhite.blogspot.com to find out more about it. Something that came so spontaneously actually made it to the second phase for mass printing. Our target this phase are the crowdmovers. Objective is to create an awareness of our movement and bring the likeminded ones together to improve on the plan. Our nucleus group has expanded twice. Each one of us brought along our friends to join in the fun in the planning. It is surprising to see how supportive these newcomers are to our cause. I thought no one would really understand.

This is just but one happy event in my life since school reopened. As mentioned earlier, I made friends in my classes! That is an acheivement of some sort. For the past 2 1/2 years, I have not made any effort to make friends with my classmates. Just can't really be bothered to talk to them about things out of schoolwork, because I somehow do not see a future with them. Realistic as I am, I will not work for something that doesnt pay. Hence, for the longest time, I did not have "friends" in class, just mere academic acquaintances. Not that I have been a hermit the past year, I just didn't feel comfortable hanging out with work acquaintances then. To me, it was clear. I will not see them ever again. Even if I do, they probably wouldn't remember me coz I might have grown fatter. ( I foresee a direct relationship between my age and my body fats) My relationship was purely professional. I would not lunch or entertain unneccessary socialising if I can help it.

Somehow this year, things changed. I feel more relaxed this semester and start to open up. Amazingly, I find myself joining my group mates out for teatime gossip after class. I find myself able to joke and fool around with them. I find myself happier.

My saturday engagement has finally ended after four whole weeks. I must say, I am glad I made it through all the classes. Most importantly, I made friends. These were the people whom I shared classes with before. People whom I spoke to but never really got to know. People whom I hated. People whom I always hear about but never got to meet. This 3 1/2 day course spanning over a month has created the opportunity to get to know almost everyone in the class ( rather small class). We made etiquette blunders together, joked together, lunched together, bitched together. It really brought us closer. It makes me feel sad that I am probably not able to see them that often. ( But free weekends are still prefered la!)

My first day at class ended with a spontaneous movie session at E's house. I dunno why I agreed to join in the first place. So untypical of me to jump at something so last minute. But I somehow did and am glad I did so. Borat was funny and so was the company. There was me, E, WM and S. My best friend S! The guy who insulted me and made my blood boil everytime we speak. Surprisingly he did not offend me that day. I added one point for him. He drove us for steamboat dinner then rocher beancurd then send everyone home. Another point for him. Heh!

My second day at class was not as happening but nevertheless enjoyable. Did not go out after class and went home straight. S drove me home that day. Another point scored. Guys, it helps that you have 4 wheels to complement your brains and brawn. Every guy should own a car, if not a driving license. ( Hint Hint)

My third day in class was the highlight. We materialised our tee shirt concept! S drove ( 1 point scored) us down to Queensway to get the shirts printed. We were excited about the idea and began to talk about the possibility of introducing to the school. Our grand idea was thus born. We had dinner at IKEA, collected the beautifully printed shirts and I tried luring the group to little Bali. But we were a bit too late. Missed the 2 for 1 and decided to give it a total miss. Headed to Harbourfront Cheers to get some drinks then proceeded to ECP. Talked about grad trip at the jetty and decided that we could go together. Perhaps Russia, perhaps Greece, perhaps Turkey, maybe South Africa. Left before the rain came and ended our night on a happy note.

My last day in class was a good ending. We did mock case interviews. Our group did ok and SK's group screwed up in the funniest way. Everything that could go wrong in a group presentation went wrong. We had a good laugh. I will miss ER, the funniest guy in class. He never fails to make me laugh. Such a born comedian. Had lunch at can 2 with the gang, together with A and ER. Went down to Chinatown to check out the tour agencies. Once again ER made the whole car shake with his jokes. Now I know girls are referred to as "chai" ( as in vegetables in Hokkien), by some guys. And the word "Ba Chai" (meaning fat girl) was derived from the noun "chai". I experienced for the first time, a car lift at OG Complex. It was so cool!!! They even had a brochure ( a photo album) to show you the exact car slot you are to park when you reach the carpark!!!

Even though our course ended, I am sure we will still see each other quite often, especially with Auditorsinwhite.blogspot still running. I stepped out of my shell to befriend others. It is amazing how easy that it and how happy it made me. I think I found the magic ingredient to my life.

Someday we'll find it. The rainbow connection. The lovers, the dreamer, and me.

No comments: