Thursday, February 8, 2007

$2 of Happiness

I went home on Tuesday after lecture so that I can have some pineapple tarts before they run out. My tummy had been growling the past three hours. Someone was eating Mac's in front of me during the lecture, and a girl brought in her chap chye peng from Can A. I restrained myself from getting food until I get home in a bid to save some money.

And so, it was a uncomfortable journey home. Once I reach Simei, I called mummy to ask if she had any food at home for me. She was out and there was no food. Haiz. That means...KFC for lunch! Heh...

I got out of the station and was warmly welcomed by the cheerful music. The AngMoh Busker!!! I've seen him a couple of times outside my station. He plays many instruments at the same time and is always smily and full of zest. He is so full of life despite being handicapped. I feel that I am more maimed than him. I would never be smiling and chirpy while standing under the hot hot sun.

I peered into my wallet. There were two $2 notes and two $10 notes sitting comfortably inside. I do not know what made me take out one of the $2 note and walked towards happy busker. I left the note in his little bowl and he greeted him," Thank you. Have a nice day!"

He smiled at me! He wished me good day! I was happy. And guess what, for a moment I didn't feel hungry anymore!!!!

It was amazing how easily I could find happiness. It was amazing how a stranger could make me smile. It was even more amazing how I could feed on bliss and not feel hungry. ( at least not so hungry)

I didn't have my KFC meal in the end. I bought a lousy pork floss bun instead.

Gift= $2
Pork Floss Bun= $1.20
Happiness= Priceless

1 comment:

Yang~ said...

haha...... xinhui.... u are changing to a better person...lolx.... u need a halo.... hahahaha..this post reminds me of corinne may's angel in diguise....lolx