Saturday, February 17, 2007

Da Nian Chu Xi

Today is the eve of CNY, it's called Da Nian Chu Xi (DNCX).

Woke up to the smell of steamboat. Mummy and granny spent a lot of time and effort to prepare the steamboat ingredients. They started a week ago stocking up on all the essentials and by noon today, everything is ready. Heard that all of my relatives are coming this year on CNY eve. Goodness! Means I have to eat early if not I will have NOTHING left.

Start feasting on goodies already. Somehow this year not very exciting so I devised a game for myself. I will secretly put a goodie into my mouth then make mummy guess what I've just eaten...hiak! And tonight, when everyone goes to sleep, I will draw smily faces on the pomelo, white radish, pineapple and orange combo plate. Mummy will see her vegetables smiling on Da Nian Chu Yi. Hoho!

Ok, pple streaming in liao. I gotta guard the food now. Bye.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Careful you don't end up having a 大肥年...