EPISODE FOUR: Wherein I play with sheep and their shit
We took a train from Cardiff to Swansea early in the morning. Pleasantly surprised at the novelty of their washbasin. Lovely flowers greeted us as we left the station in search for the city centre.
Swansea is still part of Wales and like Cardiff, it feels like a small town despite having all that commercial activity going on. I noticed the people in Swansea are somehow much older than those in Cardiff. It's almost like a 老人区 in Swansea. Slowly you will see why.
Took a bus from city centre to the Gower or Gwyr in Welsh. It is to the west of Swansea centre. To get there, our bus had to travel pass Mumbles or Mwmbwls in Welsh. Our bus ride was filled with lovely sights of cows, sheeps, horses grazing the countryside, neat little cottages and stretches of grassfield and lakes. Our excitement at seeing the cows, sheeps and horses intrigued our fellow passengers. An old man and old lady, both locals, were kind enough to be our guide, telling us beforehand what we will see, so we can capture everything on camera.
The old man lives in one of those cottages we saw along the way. He was on his way to our destination, the Rhossili Bay to idle his day away. But old lady we met on the bus is more garang. She is very old, i think around her 80s. She told us she visits the bay very often and had recently swam at one of the bays!!! She says that the wind and exercise helps her sleep better at night. I salute this woman. Looking at myself now, I think I really should go out and move my limbs.
Anyway, this is picturesque Rhossili Bay, one of my favourite places. Rhossili Bay is at the far western tip of the Gower Peninsular. From where we were, we saw the Northern Altlantic Sea and could roughly spot Western England. We armed ourselves with a burger and marched along the cliff path towards the end of the peninsula to see the Worm's Head ( third picture first row).Worm's Head is a mile long promontory jutting out into the ocean. When the tide is low, you can actually walk out onto the Worm's Head! It's a pity we didn't manage to do so. The weather was perfect. Cool and breezy with the sun roasting us red ( Bird turned black after that..Opps!).
A path leads us down the side of the cliffs, to the beach. Sitting in the sand is the wreck of the Helvetia. I think its the remains of some ship which ran aground on the bay way back in time. I had great fun at the beach disturbing the seagulls and doing star jumps on the soft wet sand.
Come down easy go up hard. It was a steep climb back up. But its well worth it!

Opps. I almost forgot about the sheeps. There are just so many of them grazing everywhere. They leave their poop and wool everywhere too! Even though I had to flick the dried poop away so I could sit on the grass, I still like the sheeps. Especially the black one.
For spectacular panoramic views, for a relaxing day out over the bay, for your honeymoon and retirement, why not visit Rhossili! It will take your breath away. Just pretend you never see the sheep poop la.

1 comment:
Excuse me, wat turned black?!?! -tsk tsk tsk- Mei li mao!
Post a Comment