I din't know I have such appeal. Someone actually wanted to pay to buy my dirty and torn stockings.
It happened yesterday after my MA assessment centre at Tampines. I met SBSTN, the famous top student in Banking and Finance faculty. We were at the MRT station when we were gonna part. He asked to talk to me for 5 minutes. I agreed, thinking that it was quite mean if I just declined it.
He asked if I knew what Nylon was. Stunned by his question, I mentally went through my finance wordbank for Nylon. He is asking about something related to finance right? What else will he want to talk about? I hardly know him. I've only heard his big name, saw him at lectures, where he will sit at the front row, answer all of the lecturers questions, and ask him questions during breaks. WM and gang are always making fun of him, so I naturally got to know him more than he knows me. He doesnt even recognise that I was from the same sch la.
Anyway, I shyly answered him, that it was a kind of fabric because I simply dun think there is Nylon in finance. He said:" Yes, its the one you are wearing now."
Huh?!? I was wearing jeans and a lycra-ish top!
He saw my perplexed face, said, " your stockings."
Shiver. Stockings are something that you see but dun talk about. Telling me you noticed my stockings makes me feel uncomfortable.
"And do you feel that they are wet now?"
Shiver. Erm... its kinda private and sensitive to talk about, especially to a stranger.
He went on to tell me on his little research. His cousin is doing an experiment on nylon detergents to wash stockings. He needs to gather some soiled samples for the experiment and would need them today as he was going to meet him soon.
Shiver. I din like the idea one bit so I rejected him.
He tried to convince me again and offered to buy me a new pair on the spot. Trying too hard but I could see his desperation. I tried to decline the offer and told him I can't sell it to him today but maybe next time. In a bid to escape, I told him I needed to rush off ( was true la).
He asked me when I will be back.
I told him very late, about 11 or 12am.
He said he could wait till then.
Shiver. I told him no. I dun wan him to wait. Make it another time.
He said tml morning.
I hastily agreed and acted as if I needed to rocket off to my next destination.
He finally let me off! Said he will sms me the time and we parted.
Shiver. Shiver. Shiver.
Later in the evening, I met up with Gary and told him about my encounter. He didn't like the idea too. So I sent him an sms told him the deal was off. He was nice enough to thank me in the reply, but it still din help to redeem himself.
I think smart people can sometimes be freaky. Gary and I not included.
Sunday, March 4, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment