Thursday, January 18, 2007

LATE

I have only myself to blame for being LATE three times in a row for my interviews with them.

Is that the reason why they seem to be playing the LATE game with me?

I have this feeling ( maybe I am reading too much into it) that they are punishing me for being LATE. First, my interviewer and assessor came in late for the assessment centre rounds. Now their response is late as well.

As you know, I should have received my make or break phone call by Wednesday 6pm. But until now, I am still clueless about the status of my damn application.

Talent management AVP called on Wednesday 4.10pm. I was at the MRT station. Too noisy for a conversation so I offered to call her once I get to a quieter place. She suggested to call me at 6pm because she was going for a meeting. Fine. Six then.

Then I waited. Was feeling ok from 4.10 to 5.45.

From 5.45 onwards, I was starting to feel tense. My eyes were fixed on my phone, waiting to catch it once it rings.

Clock strikes 6. Nothing.

5 minutes passed, still nothing

15 minutes, nothing.

30 minutes, nothing.

45 minutes, nothing.

1 hour. NOTHING.

She was LATE by an hour. I decided not to wait like a fool just to face rejection. Figured that it was a rejection call. It was known that MAs will be offered jobs via the phone call from senior management. HR lady, though a AVP, was not classified under "senior management". So she will do the dirty job of breaking the news of rejection. Oh well, as I mentioned, I am expecting it anyway.

So, she wouldn't be calling on Wednesday. We still have Thursday.

Was on alert mode the whole day. People who know me, you know that I am oblivious to my phone calls all the time. I don't pick up phone calls or reply to messages instantly. Just my usual LATE syndrome. But today, I made the effort, though useless, to check my phone to see if I missed any calls. I only missed one call but it was from Gary. ( not to say I dun welcome your call la...just that..ya...)

And so, the clock strike 6 and I know it is gonna be another day of waiting.

Gary says they might be testing my initiative. Come on! The show is over. The verdict is out. Don't need to play anymore psychological or intellectual games with me le la. Just tell me yes or no. I just need an answer to conclude this whole episode. I don't mind an email, you don't have to call if you are too busy. At least let me know.

I think I am the last to know out of this 32. The only one left hanging.

Moral of the story: Be LATE and expect others to be LATE. So don't be LATE.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You should have called them back today... at least then you don't have to spend another day hanging.

hai... but at least the worst is over.