Attended Professional Imaging and Branding workshop today. It is the second lesson and we learnt about deportment, body language and etiquette.
Loved the dining etiquette segment. Not because I got to eat, but because was so enlightened.
We had a dining etiquette practical where we had fine dining at a seminar room. The school called in some caterer who dolled up the tables with many many knives and fork. We had roles to play. I was a normal guest, while my friends became the hosts and the VIPs. The instructor sat at the same table as me. It was an instant turn off. I knew it will be the longest lunch ever.
They made us shell prawns with knives and forks. They made us carve chicken with the bone. They made us eat watermelons without using our bare hands. I was corrected by instructor on the way I hold my fork. I usually do the shovel method, cancave side facing up. Wrong! I should hold it concave side down and push the food into my mouth. It was quite hard, considering my chicken has been shredded by my barbarian carving. How to poke the meat and flip it the fork concave side down? I discreetly did it my way after a few tries, but instructor caught me red handed. She insist I practise the proper way. Just so that I can eat with the Queen next time.
I will work on my dining etiquette from now on. As well as my posture and body language. I aspire to be like my instructor. She is elegant and a lao chio. So poised and confident. I will grow old like that next time.
Saturday, January 20, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
i once told a frd tt i wanna be as charming as andy lau when i grow old... then she said "u dun have any charm now, wat makes u think u will have when u grow old" ...so mean rite...... or was it u tt said tt....lolx
eh when u making your blog known to more people or the general public?
Post a Comment