Monday, December 11, 2006

Wedding Dinner

BURP!

Came back from a sumptuous dinner at Sheraton Towers. Mummy's biological brother's son ( my cousin la) married a stick-thin girl and held their wedding dinner there. Rushed down after Acappella practice in a cab. Cost me $ 3.80

Interesting to see mummy's biological family. Met them a couple of times in my lifetime ( during Chinese New Year) but it felt different today. Suddenly, they all seem to look like each other. My mummy and her elder sister and brothers are like carbon copies. Even Dad said so. Eerie...Maybe coz mummy is getting more mature( heh!), and after a certain age, the difference in looks become not so obvious.

And I am rather amused at my uncle. He seem excited to see me. Even asked my mummy why I din come ( I was just late) together with them. When he saw me, his eyes kinda lit up, like he has been waiting to see me. Maybe its just me, but yeah, I felt important. Yeah!

Next up, was Da Yi Ma ( Eldest Aunt)

She asked, " When you get married, will you invite me?"

I gave my widest smile and lied, " Not so soon, but I will invite you!"

Just a few weeks back I attended another distant relative ( Grandma's brother's son's daughter's wedding). During the usual handshake exit, the host said, " the next wedding will be yours! See you ah!"

Oh gosh, this is scary. Realised that I am no more the little girl whom they will only ask about schoolwork and exams. They have already made plans to attend my wedding!

Alright, enough of the horror. Lets talk about the good stuff...FOOD!

Haven't had such a good feast in a long while. Wedding dinners are usually quite disappointing in terms of quality. But this one is really good! The menu is glamourous:

[ picture of menu to be uploaded] ( paiseh, i dunno how to put the picture)

Cantonese cuisine. Lovely thick gravy with almost every dish. Licked them dry and savoured every single bite. To top up the joy, the stranger auntie at my table complimented me. She said that I was pretty. Wohoo!!!! I felt confident and continue with my second helping at the dishes. ( Note: I had double servings for every single dish after her compliment. No need diet le ma!)

There was live band performance by this trio, playing some Eric Clapton, Eagles, Cliff Richards, Elvis and a few Hokkien songs which liven the crowd. Ok, I know, these songs are a tad too ancient but they are classics and can never disappoint you. Plus, the band is solid. I felt blissful and satified. Good food, good music.

But I can't help noticing the bored look on my brother's face. I tried to engage him in the music.

" You've heard this song before right? "

He looked lost and shook his head," Eh, no leh. Dunno what this song is la."

Ok. Maybe that song was really too old for him. When the next song came up, I asked if he has heard it before. Same response.

Hai, I can feel our age gap now. Didi, your jiejie is old.

Left at 11. Felt so bloated. I can't breathe in my dress.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

... next time cannot say you're pretty le. Else you eat my food...